Friday, 14 August 2009
Even if there are 2 title fights on this card, Ryo Chonan returning to DEEP = main event! He will face Jutaro Nakao on the way back to reclaiming his DEEP title and I think we will see him take on Fukuda for the title soon.
The 2 title fights on the card should be very interesting, UFC veteran Dokonjonosuke Mishima will be defending his featherweight title against the very talented Takafumi Otsuka . In the bantamweight division, champion Masakazu Imanari will be taking on the experienced Tomohiko Hori, who won the DEEP Protect cup to deserve his title shot. Both these fighters are coming off a loss and it will be interesting to see who comes out on top. Everyone knows what Imanari brings, its just so hard to deal with...
There are some very interesting fights that completes this card. Bernard Ackah continues his fight to again be included in the big leagues, this time taking on a fighter that has seen it all in Ryushi Yanagisawa.
In what might be the most interesting match-up of the night, Paraestra Chiba's Toshiaki Kitada will take on Philadelphia Fight Factory's Zach Makovsky.
Making his DEEP debut is a fighter that has done very well in ZST, Shunichi Shimizu. He will be taking on Koichiro Matsumoto in a fight that might very well end up being fight of the night.
Lots to look forward to in Korakuen Hall on August 23! There should still be tickets available.
Ryo Chonan is the former Middleweight champion, however seems to be fighting at welterweight now (something that I missed). It will be interesting to see if he stays at welterweight. In which case he should be challenging Ikemoto for the title.
13. 77.1kg: Ryo Chonan 15-10-0 vs. 22-14-4 Jutaro Nakao
DEEP Featherweight Title Fight:
12. Dokonjonosuke Mishima (champion) 19-6-2 vs. 8-4-1 Takafumi Otsuka
DEEP Bantamweight Title Fight:
11. Masakazu Imanari (champion) 16-7-1 vs. 10-4-3 Tomohiko Hori
10. 93kg: Bernard Ackah 2-3-0 vs. 24-23-9 Ryushi Yanagisawa
9. 65.8kg: Toshiaki Kitada 8-4-2 vs. 5-1-0 Zach Makovsky
8. 65.8kg: Koichiro Matsumoto 7-2-0 vs. 14-4-5 Shunichi Shimizu
7. 93kg: Yuji Sakuragi 10-14-1 vs. 8-4-1 Hans Stringer
6. 70.3kg: Yuichi Ikari 11-6-3 vs. 6-1-1 Won Sik Park
5. Yoshitomo Watanabe 6-9-2 vs. Zuzu
4. 77.1kg: Yuki Ito 7-3-3 vs. 4-0-0 Sadao Kondo
3. 70kg: Yasuhiro Kawasaki 2-1-1 vs. 4-0-0 Tomoya Kato
2. 67kg: Masato Kataoka vs. Hideyuki Noru
1. 62kg: Tatsuya Tsuchida 3-3-0 vs. KZ