Mirko CroCop signs 3 Fight Deal with DREAM!

Monday 15 June 2009

Nightmare of Battle is refering to Japanese media and says that CroCop has signed a 3 fight deal with DREAM. He was considering the UFC and DREAM, but it seems the Japanese fans won him over. He won his return to the UFC on Saturday by TKO, and is rumored to fight again in July but this time in DREAM.

If this is true, it would be very interesting as I believe Fedor also would like a 1-fight deal with the UFC. Either way, the Japanese fans will be very happy to see CroCop back. And even if an accidental eye poke played a part in the TKO win, I have to say that CroCop looked in good shape after his surgery.


According to MMAWeekly this is what Dana White had to say about it:

“He fed me this (expletive) about wanting to take a run for the title, and what I think he did was, he went out and did this,” continued White. “He turned down every other (expletive) fighter I offered him, because I needed him to fight Cain. He didn’t just poke Al-Turk; he poked me, too.”


Fightlinker are updating on this news here.

6 comments:

Unknown 15 June 2009 at 13:17  

According to Mirko he has NOT signed ANYTHING yet!

Borre 15 June 2009 at 13:51  

It will be interesting to see, the rumor seems solid. Especially considering Dana White's reaction.

Anonymous,  15 June 2009 at 21:00  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous,  15 June 2009 at 21:02  

This could be a bit of a hoax. I mean you're quoting dana white as if he were something other than a mouthpiece. He comments are supposed to manipulate you. It's his job. Unfortunately the mma media is too dumb to catch on.

The fertittas needed crocop to sell tickets. It's that simple. They would never sign a fighter for one fight if not desperate. Drop this "dana white said" nonsense. Look at the facts.

It's undetermined where crocop goes from here. That much I believe.

Borre 15 June 2009 at 21:30  

I am not saying that this is anything but a rumor, but it looks pretty solid.

BTW, I believe it is the first time EVER I quote Dana White. I know where he is coming from, but it was an interesting comment.

Unknown 16 June 2009 at 02:41  

There was a Croatian newspaper intervew that asked him where he is. I wish I had a link, but someone can probably google it up, Mirko said he's not signed to any org yet, and would like to still fight with the UFC.

Post a Comment

Followers

Read about this blog here.

If you have any suggestions for improvements, event we should cover etc.

Please contact me on japanmma@gmail.com
*I am not able to arrange or set up fights, for this please contact the organizations directly.

For Gyms in Japan see here

For purchasing tickets in Japan see here


  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP