3/20 Sengoku 7 - Featherweight GP Participants Announced

Thursday 19 February 2009


Sengoku have made it official, Nam Phan is in the featherweight GP. Phan is of course is a very strong addition, but there are more good additions today.

I am looking forward to seeing Matt Jaggers and L.C. Davis. Matt Jaggers is a KOTC veteran and is a very good addition. L.C. Davis is 13-1, he won his last fight in Affliction - Day of Reckoning against Bao Quach.

I think still that Sengoku is picking up very good and talented fighters, even if all these guys are very experienced I would not say that they are huge stars, YET.

The additions today are solid from Sengoku, and there are now only 1 spots left!

I missed an addition... Former Shooto champion, Hideki Kadowaki was also added today, this will be his debut on this level but he is very good on the ground.


Added:
Nam Phan 14-5-0
Matt Jaggers 9-4-0
L.C. Davis 13-1-0
Hideki Kadowaki 13-8-2

Previously Announced:
Masanori Kanehara 11-5-5
Tetsuya Yamada 3-0-0
Jung Chan Sung 2-0-0
Hatsu Hioki 17-3-2
Marlon Sandro 12-0-0
Ronnie Mann Ushiwaka 16-1-1
Chris Manuel 6-0-2
Nick Denis 6-0-0
Shintaro Ishiwatari 6-1-3
Seiya Kawahara 6-1-0
Michihiro Omigawa 4-7-1

7 comments:

Anonymous,  19 February 2009 at 12:54  

This line-up seems a little better to me than the feg one. Of course, like a typical american I only recognize the japanese fighters who fought americans. Maybe that's not typically american though. Americans don't typically recognize any foreign fighters.

Borre 19 February 2009 at 13:36  

To me, they seem pretty equal. Before the additions today I compared the average age, and Sengoku is MUCH lower than the DREAM GP. Says nothing about quality though. But Sengoku is looking for talent everywhere.

Unknown 19 February 2009 at 13:53  

You missed Hideki Kadowaki mate.

Anonymous,  19 February 2009 at 21:46  

I would love to be in this event. If any one you know who to contact about it. plz let me know. I am more then willing to work with who ever it takes to get on. I am 22 years old just won the NAGA Expert Midwest championships and the King Of Kombat 145lb title. hit me up dustin_neace@hotmail.com

I am 22 years old and hold a pro record of 26-13-1 plz let me know.

Vaseline 20 February 2009 at 15:54  

neace. Try to contact with Shigeru Saeki. I assume you know who he is.
http://www.deep2001.com/blog2/?page_id=586

Meyer 20 February 2009 at 19:39  

Gotta go with Hioki Hatsu taking this , although Davis and Kadowaki are no pushovers.

Post a Comment

Followers

Read about this blog here.

If you have any suggestions for improvements, event we should cover etc.

Please contact me on japanmma@gmail.com
*I am not able to arrange or set up fights, for this please contact the organizations directly.

For Gyms in Japan see here

For purchasing tickets in Japan see here


  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP