12/31 DYNAMITE - The Fight Japan has been waiting for is announced!

Wednesday 12 November 2008



FEG has announced the first 5 fights for their NYE event. 3 are part of the K-1 youth tournament, I am not a huge fan of it, but have to admit that the fights last year were very entertaining.

The focus would be on the other 2 fights annouced, Japanese fans have been waiting since... Well, forever... Sakuraba will FINALLY take on Tamura!!! To me, it feels like its a bit too late, but does that really matter?? This is a fight that the Japanese fans have been waiting for, and even though I wish it was put up 3-4 years ago, I am still excited about it. These guys are ledgends.

In the other MMA fight announced today, JZ will take on DREAM champion "Hellboy". These are 2 of my favorite fighters going at each other for the 2nd time. The first time was back in 2004 and Joachim got out on top with a split decision. If there is any doubt, I will be cheering for Joachim to repeat the win, but it will be another good fight.

For those of you that are interested in buying a "Hellboy" shirt, they are in being made now. You can go to his blog and order them. I will let you know when more details are being announced. They will be unique and limited, so if you want to make sure, now is the time. Here is a link.

Added:
Kazushi Sakuraba 24-11-1 vs. 32-13-2 Kiyoshi Tamura
Joachim Hansen 19-7-1 vs. 14-2-1 "JZ" Gesias Cavalcante

K-1 Youth Tournament Semi-Final (Final held same night)
Hiroya vs. Shota Shimada
Tatsuya Kusakabe vs. Koya Urabe

5 comments:

schizosmurf 12 November 2008 at 21:59  

JZ hasnt fought since his loss to Aoki has he? and now he gets a title shot? Is this the new trend, reward big names that lose with a title shot (a la Gomi)? Disregarding that, what a great matchup and Saku/Tamura too. Whats the age range on the Youth tournament? I don't really keep up with K-1, only read a few headlines here and there.

Borre 13 November 2008 at 01:43  

Actually, from what I can see this is NOT a title fight. I guess they are saving that for Alvarez.

schizosmurf 13 November 2008 at 05:31  

Yea, I just read that as well. If Hansen loses to JZ we're gonna have another weird three way situation again, but that's a big if. I hope to see Alvarez/Hansen 2 some time soon. The potential matchups that could come after these fights, no matter who wins, are fantastic. I don't think there's really a boring guy in the whole DREAM lightweight bunch.

Anonymous,  14 November 2008 at 23:15  

age range is under 18....Im guessing from 15 or 15->18

I cant see them putting anyone any younger than 15...Can you imagine a 14 yr old vs 18 yr old, that would just be bad!!

Ive seen ages 17 and 18 on the Koshien fights before in previous "Dynamite!!" events, but I dont recall seeing 15 or 16...maybe 16 is the limit....But Im sure Ive seen 17 and 18..

Anonymous,  5 December 2008 at 04:06  

Ive seen 15 year olds and 16 year olds fight.

Post a Comment

Followers

Read about this blog here.

If you have any suggestions for improvements, event we should cover etc.

Please contact me on japanmma@gmail.com
*I am not able to arrange or set up fights, for this please contact the organizations directly.

For Gyms in Japan see here

For purchasing tickets in Japan see here


  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP