7/21 DREAM 5 - Mark Hunt is back?!?!

Wednesday 25 June 2008

As some of you will notice, and NoB has done as well, the graphics on the left side (the DREAM 5 graphic) has announced some new participants in this event! Who are they?

None other than:
-Mark Munt 5-3-0
-Joachim Hansen 17-7-1
-Mirko CroCop 23-6-2
-Minowaman 39-28-8

Other participants (previously announced):
-Yoshihiro Akiyama 10-1-0 (1NC)
-Denis Kang 29-10-1 (rumored)

This card is really taking shape!

I have a feeling Joachim might be in a reserve fight, but lets wait and see. For me, I am thinking this is enough to buy my ticket!

Already confirmed:
Lightweight semi-finals:
Eddie Alvarez 14-1-0 vs. 22-4-2 Tatsuya Kawajiri
Shinya Aoki 16-2-0 vs. 25-10-4 Caol Uno

Non-tournament:
Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto 17-1-0 vs. 7-0-0 Joseph Benavidez

6 comments:

Anonymous,  25 June 2008 at 18:13  

If they can put Mark Hunt up against Einemo I'd be excited. A classic grappler vs striker match up between two of the best. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Einemo and dream were in negotiations.

Borre 26 June 2008 at 00:30  

I have heard that Einemo had signed for this event. Somehow I dont think they will fight... From memory, they were talking about starting a team together after Pride 30. Have a feeling they will be training buddies if they are both in this event.

But lets wait and see.

Unknown 26 June 2008 at 05:08  

Einemo vs. Hunt would would be lame. You have to be careful with who you match Hunt up with, because if they put him against Einemo it'd be like the Barnett fight which was not entertaining at all. They'll probably put him against Kharitonov.

Einemo will probably fight Marcio Corletta. That'd be nice.

Borre 26 June 2008 at 16:04  

It is huge that Hunt is back. Dont think they will put him against very good opposition for this event, not needed as they have a main event.

Anonymous,  26 June 2008 at 16:57  

Unless they make him a much better offer, Einemo isn't going to fight for Dream anytime soon.

Borre 26 June 2008 at 17:21  

Yeah, I didnt put it in the post for a reason... I will wait and see if he appears on the card.

Post a Comment

Followers

Read about this blog here.

If you have any suggestions for improvements, event we should cover etc.

Please contact me on japanmma@gmail.com
*I am not able to arrange or set up fights, for this please contact the organizations directly.

For Gyms in Japan see here

For purchasing tickets in Japan see here


  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP