6/15 DREAM 4 Middleweight Tournament Fights Announced

Friday 23 May 2008

DREAM have announced the match-ups for the 2nd round in the middleweight tournament. As I expected, Manhoef made it in. There are some very interesting fights in this round, I am really looking forward to Mayhem vs. Jacare.

Middleweight Tournament:
Kazushi Sakuraba 24-10-1 vs. 21-4-1 Melvin Manhoef
Gegard Mousasi 21-2-1 vs. 4-4-0 Dong Sik Yoon
Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza 8-1-0 vs. 21-5-0 Jason "Mayhem" Miller
Zelg "Benkei" Galesic 8-3-0 vs. 3-2-0 Taiei Kin

Lightweight Tournament:
Shinya Aoki 15-2-0 vs. 4-2-0 Katsuhiko Nagata

6 comments:

Anonymous,  24 May 2008 at 00:16  

I'm kind of worried about sakuraba fighting melvin. I was hoping he'd fight Dong. Oh well.

Borre 24 May 2008 at 03:13  

Yeah... Manhoef could end up being very bad for his career...

Hope he does well though, if it goes past the first round, or even the first 5 minutes I think it could get interesting.

Anonymous,  24 May 2008 at 03:18  

what about the rumored Crocop v Lebanner fight?

Borre 24 May 2008 at 03:21  

There has been no official mention of Crocop fighting. But there has been rumors of injuries... I have a feeling he will be in the next Dream, but there is nothing official.

Anonymous,  24 May 2008 at 05:01  

Yeah I agree. If he could bring it late into the fight and submit him that would be awesome!!!

My Favorite Russian 24 May 2008 at 10:31  

As a Sakuraba fan this is the worst possible fight :(
Melwin is gonna pummel him

Post a Comment

Followers

Read about this blog here.

If you have any suggestions for improvements, event we should cover etc.

Please contact me on japanmma@gmail.com
*I am not able to arrange or set up fights, for this please contact the organizations directly.

For Gyms in Japan see here

For purchasing tickets in Japan see here


  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP