4/29 DREAM 2 - Fight Order Announced

Friday 25 April 2008

Well, its official. Frank Trigg is out of the DREAM tournament, his replacement is Ian Murphy. I have to admitt that Ian Murphy is a new name to me, according to NoB he is an amature wrestler.

It will be interesting to she how he does in this event.

Other than that, I am disapointed... This card looks very average... There are a few interesting fights in there (and a couple of awesome fights), but the card is thin. For the price they are charging, I would expect more. Either way, the tournament will be exciting. You can see that there is 1 fight missing in the middleweight tournament, that will be fought in DREAM 3.

Another surprice, Aoki vs. JZ has gone from being the main event in DREAM 1 to being the opening fight in DREAM 2.... I bet that has never happened before!

This is the fight order:
8. MW Tournament: Kazushi Sakuraba 23-10-1 vs. Andrews Nakahara
7. MW Tournament: Denis Kang 29-9-1 vs. 20-2-1 Gegard Mousasi
6. MW Tournament: Kiyoshi Tamura 28-14-0 vs. 38-12-1 Masakatsu Funaki
5. MW Tournament: Ronaldo Jacare vs. Ian Murphy
4. MW Tournament: Magomed Sultanakhmadov 4-1-0 vs. 7-3-0 Zelg “Benkei” Galesic
3. MW Tournament: Yoon Dong Sik 3-4-0 vs. 7-10-0 Shungo Oyama
2. MW Tournament: Ikuhisa Minowa 39-27-8 vs. 2-2-0 Taiei Kin
1. LW Tournament: Shinya Aoki 14-2-0 vs. 14-1-1 JZ Calvan

MW= Middleweight
LW=Lightweight

5 comments:

Iain 25 April 2008 at 19:23  

Your note on it not being value for money was interesting.

How do prices for an event like this compare to other sports in Japan? What would be the difference between an average ticket for this and one for a high-profile baseball game for instance?

Borre 26 April 2008 at 03:52  

Hi Iain,

I was thinking compared to other fighting organizations, but since you would like to compare.

The biggest baseball game of the season, Giants vs. Tigers, tickets are (JPY) 1,700 - 5,900.

I was thinking compared to f.eks the Shooto event coming up. Prices at DREAM are (JPY) 7,000 - 100,000, Shooto is 6,000 - 20,000. For me, if I was to go to these events I would get ringside at Shooto (20,000) and sit very close to the action. DREAM, I would get RRS (30,000) and sit around row 13-20 (just an estimate, I was on row 13 last time). The DREAM card is marginally better, the show would be better, but if you go to watch fights, more than the experience I would recomend Shooto this time. DREAM 3 looks better though.

Borre 26 April 2008 at 03:57  

I also have to add that I have bought DREAM 2 on PPV. I just think the card was a bit short on good matches this time.

There are 3 fights that saves this card:
Mousasi vs. Kang
Aoki vs. JZ

And I think Sultanakhmadov vs. Galesic is intersting.

I would say that the rest are a bit predictable..

Iain 26 April 2008 at 19:33  

I;m in London so unfortunately there will be no going to the shows for me.

It's interesting about the prices though. Specifically that the dearest prices for DREAM are over fifteen times more expensive than a top baseball game.

I'm looking forward to the card regardless but I agree that it is slightly lacklustre - even the two fights I'm looking forward too seem slightly predictable to me.

I like Mousasi but doubt he'll beat Kang and it seems even less unlikely that Aoki can do any damage to JZ.

Borre 26 April 2008 at 23:56  

On that comparison, remember that there are a lot more baseball games and tickets.

However, for the next (only the next) Sengoku the most expensive tickets are 50,000. Normally they are 100,000 too, dont know why they put the price down for the next event. Might be due to the arena.

Post a Comment

Followers

Read about this blog here.

If you have any suggestions for improvements, event we should cover etc.

Please contact me on japanmma@gmail.com
*I am not able to arrange or set up fights, for this please contact the organizations directly.

For Gyms in Japan see here

For purchasing tickets in Japan see here


  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP